It’s on everyone’s mind, it’s on every TV and radio broadcast, it’s disrupting worldwide travel, and it’s ruined your social plans for the foreseeable future…
It’s the Coronavirus.
- Are we overreacting and how long should we prepare for?
- The specific supplement no one is talking about.
- Which supplements help boost immunity.
- Which nutraceuticals will help diminish symptoms and improve odds of quick recovery.
- What about vaccines?
- Specific things we can do to stay safe.
What is Coronavirus?
Coronovirus Disease 2019, also called just the Coronavirus, or COVID-19, is a new virus. It came about quickly and spread fast.
Reported illnesses globally have ranged from very mild (including some with no reported symptoms) to severe, including illness resulting in death. While information so far suggests that most COVID-19 illness is mild, a report in China suggests serious illness occurs in 16% of cases. Older adults and people with severe underlying chronic medical conditions like heart or lung disease or diabetes seem to be at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) expects that widespread transmission of COVID-19 in the United States will occur. In the coming months, they predict that most of the U.S. population will be exposed to this virus.
You should consult with your health care provider about additional steps you may be able to take to protect yourself.
- There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19.
- The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
- The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
From the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) website (https://www.cdc.gov)
Here is what you can do to prepare your family in case COVID-19 spreads in your community.
- Know where to find local information on COVID-19 and local trends of COVID-19 cases.
- Know the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and what to do if symptomatic:
- Stay home when you are sick
- Call your health care provider’s office in advance of a visit
- Limit movement in the community
- Limit visitors
- Know what additional measures those at higher risk and who are vulnerable should take.
- Implement steps to prevent illness (e.g., stay home if you’re sick, wash your hands often, respiratory etiquette, clean frequently touched surfaces daily).
- Create a household plan of action in case of illness in the household or disruption of daily activities due to COVID-19 in the community.
- Consider having a 2-week supply of prescription and over the counter medications, food and other essentials. Know how to get food delivered if possible.
- Establish ways to communicate with others (e.g., family, friends, co-workers).
- Establish plans to telecommute to work, what to do about childcare needs, how to adapt to cancellation of events.
- Know about emergency operation plans for schools/workplaces of household members.
Can You Boost Your Immune System to Prevent Catching COVID-19?
You can always boost your immune system. Whether or not you catch the virus depends on a lot of things, including your current health and your exposure to the illness.
Products like Gematria’s Immune Support Botanicals, ASAP, Oxy Immune, ReCharge, and GEM-Power do help to support your body’s healthy functioning, and they may boost your immune system to help prevent you from catching, or shorten the severity or duration of the disease.